Friday, March 2, 2012

Oh that Leap Day Magic...

For those of you who are wondering, yes it was a fluke.  Yes, I am still the involuntary president of The Rooster Club!  We were up 3 times at up for good at 5:00am on March 1, and last night was no different except that my husband was off and spent the night snoring like a chainsaw right in my ear all night.  So, I am back to looking like a raccoon, wondering how I will get through the day, and much like a crack addict, I am sitting here watching the coffee pot drip its addictive fuel into the pot so I can guzzle it all day.

Luckily, it is a gorgeous day here in sunny southern Cali.  Don;t get me wrong, I am grateful, SO grateful to have the life I have.  But...it would be nice to sleep in again.  I almost feel like the Leap Year fluke screwed me over by giving me the expectation that if I did everything exactly the same as I did that night, Jax would sleep again the following night.

I am burned by my expectations ALL the time, and I think we all are.  Especially when it comes to kids, marriage, careers...you name it.  We all carry unrealistic expectations about things.  In fact, expectations themselves are quite possibly unrealistic:  symptoms of mental dysfunction, monkey mind, whatever you want to call it.  Things are what they are and I can still choose to enjoy this day.  Until the coffee runs out....

No comments:

Post a Comment